You can download this pattern as a PDF by clicking here.
This pattern has been graciously translated (with my permission) into the following languages:
- Finnish, by Salla
- Dutch, by Katia
If you would like to post a translation of this work on your website, please email me for permission first. I would be happy to put a link to your translation on this page.
Any DK or worsted weight yarn, especially variegateds, and appropriate needles for that yarn. You can use slightly larger needles than you would normally for your yarn for a bigger, slightly lacier scarf.
I used 1 skein of Hand Maiden Lady Godiva (50% wool, 50% silk) in the "Dragonfly" colourway and 5mm needles.
- CO 26 stitches (or any multiple of 10 plus 6)
- Knit 4 rows
- Start pattern:
- Row 1: K6, *YO, K1, YO twice, K1, YO 3 times, K1, YO twice, K1, YO, K6*, repeat between ** across.
- Row 2: Knit across, dropping all the yarnovers as you go.
- Row 3 & 4: Knit
- Row 5: K1, *YO, K1, YO twice, K1, YO 3 times, K1, YO twice, K1, YO, K6*, repeat between ** across, ending with a K1 instead of K6.
PLEASE NOTE: On this row you do the pattern repeat THREE TIMES, not two
- Row 6: Knit across, dropping all the yarnovers as you go.
- Row 7 & 8: Knit
- Continue these rows until almost out of yarn, or until scarf is as long as you want it.
- End with another 4 rows of garter stitch.
- Weave in your ends.
- Wash and block the scarf to really open up the pattern!
Inspirations & Variations:
Sammy Kaplan has designed a matching hat for this pattern that can be found here.
Jessica Kropf has designed a lovely Drop Stitch Tam to match as well.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
You may use this pattern for personal, non-profit use only.