I made a Sleepy Kitten toy for my cousin's little girl last year, and it became a favorite take-along toy, until they lost it at Costco a few weeks ago. My cousin asked if I could make another.
I still had the same yarn, and the library still had the pattern book, so another Sleepy Kitten was quickly made:
Meanwhile, my best friend announced to me that she is expecting her fourth baby in the new year! Right next to the Sleepy Kitten pattern in the book is a Little Lamb pattern, and since my needles and yarn were still out and I was having fun, I whipped up one of those for my friend's baby too:
- Patterns: Sleepy Kitten and Little Lamb from the DK book Baby Knits Made Easy.
- Needles: 4mm bamboo straights
- Yarn: Vanna's Choice 100% acrylic in Dusty Blue and Beige; tiny bit of Patons Kroy for embroidery
- Modifications: Used a thicker yarn and needle than called for in the pattern, but otherwise none.
- Notes: I really love Vanna's Choice yarn for baby things. It's soft but holds up better than other super-soft acrylics, which I find can get fuzzy pretty fast. I used green "ecofill lucury fibrefill" for stuffing as it doesn't show the darker blue through as much as white stuffing can.